Recent Posts

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Introduction


I have a blog; well, Mike and I have one together—a scrapbook/update of sorts allowing people to see what’s new, what’s going on in our lives, and to stay in touch. So, why start a new one? I want this blog to have a more specific intent (hence the name “aspire to inspire”). I realized there are many things I am learning, not only academically, but through life experiences—some collective (Mike and I learning together), and others on my own. What are these experiences, and what is this knowledge worth to me, or my posterity, if I am not writing it down somewhere? The only real way I learn, or start to believe in something, is by sharing it.


I decided to start a blog where I could post not only the thought process(s) of all of my ideas, but also questions, and real, raw life experiences about subjects I feel many wonder, or are concerned with, but maybe afraid to discuss, or fully think about—thus, the objective of this blog.


It is my hope that it can be a blog that inspires people to learn, grow, and develop themselves individually, and also, more importantly, a blog where people can share and relate (i.e. share a question you’ve been thinking about, experiences, thoughts, or ideas you’ve had). I hope it can become a platform where myself, and other people, can express deep, raw feelings, experiences, and learning moments; a community where we are stripped of the fear of being who we are, and SHARING it with the world (yes, even the weaknesses, trials, and faults).


A scary idea? Maybe. But I also think it is refreshing. We are after all here to help each other, to aspire to inspire people. We cannot manage this chaotic world alone, nor were we meant to. I hope you can enjoy the process as much as I know I will, through choosing to share and contribute, or just read what others, or myself, have posted. Whatever the use of this blog, I hope it creates contemplation, for Every man is tasked to make his life, even in its details, worthy of the contemplation of his most elevated and critical hour(Thoreau), and What we plant in the soil of contemplation, we shall reap in the harvest of action (Eckhart).


As far as how the blog will be set up:


The postings are in no specific order; in fact, you will find them randomly written (as most peoples problems assume them, or the queries of life change at random, according to life’s ephemeral situations). Basically, this is a blog about anything and everything from problem solving, communication, education, to religion, politics, morals, values, etc.


Thanks for listening, thanks for being willing to share, and thanks for having a desire to inspire those around you!

3 comments:

Mike said...

I love you!

Anonymous said...

Amanda, great idea, I love it!!
Hope I can keep up with it. Always so much to do.....

Love your sis
Jenn

Anonymous said...

A wonderful and inspiring blog! Thank you for sharing this well thought out and written beginning to great things that can lift all who allow it! I appreciate your positive influence and love you both so much!
Mom (Lauri)

Post a Comment